Based in Islamabad, Pakistan
August 20, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
Plot # 395 - 396,
Service Road North, I-9/3
+00 92 51 48 59 017
Descriptionwe.R.play is an indie game dev studio based in Islamabad, Pakistan. we.R.play's games have been downloaded over 7 million times across multiple platforms and have also been featured on itunes as well as google play. These include titles such as Lost Twins, Run Sheeda Run, Dream Chaser (published by Chillingo), Robo Quest (published by PocketGems), FotoFinish (published by Namco), Space Leap and Lost Twins.
we.R.play started in August 2010 with one full time member in a single room. Their first game Relief Copter was an informative puzzle game that was made with the intent to create awareness about the floods in Pakistan in Summer 2010 and the devastation it wreaked. All funds from the game’s purchases were donated to charities working for the rehabilitation of the affectees. The company found its first success with DreamChaser, a game published by Chillingo and later with Lost Twins. They also made a game solely for the Pakistani masses, Run Sheeda Run, which was met with critical acclaim.After that
Since we.R.play's humble beginnings, they have experienced rapid growth and are now a team of over 100 consisting of developers, content designers, artists and qa analysts. Some of the companies that we.R.play has worked with include Playdom (Disney), PocketGems, Kiwi, Chillingo and Namco Bandai. we.R.play has created art and done QA for some of the best social and mobile games. These include - Gardens of Time, City of Wonder, Tap Zoo, Tap Paradise Cove, Monsterama Planet, Shipwrecked, Blackwood and Bell Mysteries and many more. we.R.play has a dedicated internal team working on original IP and have till date released the following games - Relief Copter, Pencil Pop, Space Leap, Dream Chaser (Chillingo published), Robo Quest (PocketGems published), Beat Leap, Scuba Steve, FotoFinish, Scuba SteveLost Twins and Run Sheeda Run. We.R.play is currently working on the following titles - Explottens and Fly.
There are far more images available for we.R.play, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner Best Start-up Company." - P@SHA Awards, 4 October, 2013
- "Runners-Up of Best Mobile App" - P@SHA Awards, 4 October, 2013
- "Winner Best in Export Growth" - P@SHA Awards, 2014
- "Runners-Up in Gender Diversity" - P@SHA Awards, 2014
- "Winners of Gender Diversity" - P@SHA Awards, 2015
- "Winners of Best Animation" - P@SHA Awards, 2015
- "It has been a delightful experience working with weRplay, who have been a reliable, quick, and talented resource for our online social games since day 1. I almost don't want to give my honest opinion of weRplay; it's like discovering a secret recipe that you don't want to share. "
- Jean Nguyen -Production Manager, Playdom, Website
- "At “We R Play Studios,” an open office plan and “play room” are a direct cultural import from Silicon Valley. But the studio has far out-ranked some more progressive countries on gender parity, with a 42 percent female workforce... "
- Rizwan Syed, Al-Jazeera, Gender equity in Pakistan's gaming industry.
Team & Repeating